Just a morning ramble

Just a morning ramble...


It’s funny to have a writer’s block,
When your head is buzzing with a thousand thoughts.
Not that I’m a writer of any kind,
But the pen & paper is the only relief I find.
So, when I wake up at the weeny hours of the morning,
I sometimes sit down with my pen and keep humming.
The words fall short most of the days,
It’s mostly scrap paper and a heap of waste.
The thoughts lose weight the moment I utter,
I don’t tell them right, it’s mostly a stutter.
But at times I’m on my own with a pen in my hand,
It does feel like a sword in my own victory land.

And since I’m free, I dare to ask why,
Why the world feels dysfunctional at times.
Why there are rules to dress, to eat,
On who you sleep with and how you sit.
And never enough thoughts on how to feed,
On what to study and how to read,
On how to get the sewage done,
On how to stop rallies and work for fun.
Why there no rules on who rules us..
And no rules for people who make a fuss.
There are no rules on traffic and loudspeakers,
No rules for religious fits and social stinkers,
No rules for people who got undue power.
They don’t need degree and can be a lazy stupor.
Why there no ETA for people higher up,
Why is there so much fear to voice and be just.

Only few rare gems who look through other’s eyes,
I promise to be that person even if the whole world dies.
Individual happiness and zero collective gain,
Own personal agenda, who cares who’s in pain.
It’s the same everywhere
Friends, work, family, beyond and over.
Lots of people to judge, to shout,
None to listen, to stand by in doubt.
There are cheese and wine for happy talks,
But no one breaks a rye when feeling daunts.

Picture from Google.





















But its okay once you know,
Once you come to terms with it and let it go.
There are mountains, sea and happy valleys for you,
And those far and few who you can count on too.
The needed change may take a long time,
May never happen and it might be a mime.
But so be it, you are here for the moment.
You touch one soul and do your best.
So, I grow out of it every day, every hour
Zen is my friend; everything else is a blur.

Love Zen. Oh and Nature too. :D

Comments

Popular Posts