A Walk in the Fog

A Walk in the Fog


Its Ganesh Chaturthi today. Woke up to a few WhatsApp texts wishing the same. Hmmm. Had thought would wish. Had thought would celebrate. Had thought would dance. Go Go Govinda – Crazy dance, Shameless dance, dance like no one is watching.

Thick fog has created a white obscure smoke outside. I come out in the balcony. A chilly breeze makes me shiver a little. Felt an instant urge to go out and get lost in that fog where no one can see me and I can’t see anyone. A bubble, just for me and nothing else.

Took a jumper and left home right away, just like that. Scared. The fog may clear out soon.

Yeah, feels thick. The fog; outside and inside. My feet feels heavy. Can’t run. Can’t walk. Taking very slow steps. Feels the brain fog has cluttered the nerves, making them stale and useless.

Doesn’t matter. Does it? As long as it’s still foggy around. I sit down on the grass by the big tree. I feel heavy. My brain seems to run to and fro from one thought to the other, one memory to the next, one fear to thousands.

I pull myself up and start walking fast.

The day rolls as usual. Ho-hum. Brain fog makes its way through lifeless texts and sweet dry promises. Some days you do things and some day you reflect on what you do.

The day brightens up. It’s quite sunny outside now. Clear blue sky. Is that representative?


It doesn’t matter. Nothing ever does. 

Comments

Popular Posts