TwiddlingMyThumb Series#1 The Elusive Stars

Twiddling my thumb - outside my tent... It is pitch dark all around. I can just about make out a ghostly outline of the tent next to mine. And after that? It’s all an oblivion. The crisp night breeze makes the tip of my nose very conscious of its existence. A warm fat finger rubs the cold nose tip. A bright pair of eyes winks at me. There is a surreal warmth in this cold night. 

I look up at the sky and I gasp. Ooh the sky! A star studded wonder; Thousands of jewels - some neatly lined up giving the perfect constellations and some cluttered up in a random chaos of the galaxy.


Every time I try to focus on one particular cluster of stars, it seems to elude me. But when I look just outside of the star jumble, it's more prominently visible than when I look directly at it! So uncanny; so elusive; and yet so magical; so beautiful. It's insane. Is there a method to this madness?


In one such star studded galaxy night by the tent.
Kedarkantha.
Pic Courtesy : Shiladitya





Comments

Popular posts from this blog