Longing.


I feel trapped in this city of dust and concrete
It’s the city of joy and yet I find nothing
My heart goes out for a piece of green
And the chirping of birds, ears so keen.

I want to take a long peaceful walk alone
Without smelling gas and petrol, air borne
Without getting insane by honking car
Without stumbling on rocks and tar

I want to start my day by picking berries from trees
Sit in a café sipping coffee with your loved one and look at the sea
I want to go for an after-work stroll in the beach
Drive on the weekends to hike up the hills that I can reach.

Sounds like a dream? Yes it is.
The funny part is such dreams do exist.
I was a dreamer alright, but without hope, until I lived the dream.
Outrageous demands and frivolity, to some, it may seem.

I'm not here for money, not for luxury items
No time for people with big nose or ego
There is abundance of joy and love in the little things
Gotta get out of the concrete jungle. Forgo. 

Perfection finds one when he isn’t looking at all.
And then he looks for it everywhere, feeling frustrated and small.
Floods of thoughts, at times a Tsunami.
Poor to lose it, or Lucky to have lived it once?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog